Groton Educational Foundation, or GEF as it is known, is a charity created in 1988 with proceeds from the sale of The Old Schoolmaster's House in Groton Street, which was, up to 1984, tenanted by the Parish Organist.
There are 5 Trustees - the Rector, 2 Churchwardens and 2 co-opted - who meet twice a year. A grant meeting is held in September and an AGM in March. The income from the fund is available for educational purposes to those who live in Groton - as defined by the Tithe Map of 1881!
For further information please contact Anthea Scriven, Trustee and Clerk to the Trustees on 01787 210263.